Monday, May 11, 2009

Duck and Cover!

Today was a day that created a lot of laundry. Kai has been spitting up pretty frequently since yesterday, making all of his clothes and burp cloths smell like sour milk (yuck!). Poor little guy can't get comfortable. The doctor let me know to cut back on the raw veggies and dairy, so hopefully he'll be relieved soon.

This afternoon I went to change Kai's diaper in the middle of nursing him to wake him up a bit. He often falls asleep while eating. I took precautions to make sure not to get peed on and proceeded to wipe and change the diaper. Kai had other plans for me. Out of nowhere (well, not really nowhere), there was a stream of pee hitting the wall behind Kai, spraying furniture and himself. I was so startled, I screamed, which in turn startled Kai into unleashing a spray of poop that not only went all over the carpet, but also went all over my pants. Of course, Kai started screaming for more food at that precise moment. Since his clothes were all wet with pee and my clothes were all covered in poop, I stripped us both down and rushed to feed him. Minutes later, I sat thinking how different this Monday afternoon was from a month ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment