Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our little sack o' potatoes


Today was Kai's 1 month doctor appointment with Dr. Bravo. Yong and I made a friendly bet yesterday about how much our little guy weighed (I guessed 9 1/2 lbs and Yong guessed 10 1/2 lbs)....and we found out today that our little Kai is not so little after all! He weighed in at 10 lbs 12 ounces; no wonder my back feels broken! He measured 23 1/4", placing him in the 95th percentile...he's going to be one tall kid. Now that I know how much he weighs, I feel every ounce in my arms. The doctor calculated that Kai is gaining about 2 ounces per day and at that rate will be 15 lbs at 2 months. No wonder I feel like a milk factory--I am one! Kai made a great impression on Dr. Bravo by flashing him a smile at the end of the appointment. Dr. responded by saying, "You've got a sweet boy here". We'll have to try to remember that at 2am when Kai is kicking and screaming inconsollably.

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS and 88's to the little-one
    73'3
    KI6PTR
    Ps: We are proud Grand-parents of another grandchild(we've lost the acct.# already)
    so any way his IRISH name is EIAN Patrick
    born in L.A.(area)on 5/21/2009 at 11:35 am.
    His parents are Doctors Thomas Kevin and Victoria Lynn Bane.(both research bio-quemist)

    ReplyDelete